One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The muscle of the spermatic cord, by which the testicle can be partially raised.
- ‘The cremaster muscle links the lowest part of the abdominal wall above the groin to these coverings of the testis, and can retract it upwards: this occurs reflexly when the inner thigh is stroked.’
- ‘The cremaster is a thin muscle that regulates the height of the testicles.’
- ‘Warm water relaxes the cremaster muscle and allows scrotal lengthening.’
- ‘The Cremaster Cycle takes its name from the cremaster muscle, which controls testicular contractions and position in response to stimuli both from outside the body and within.’
- ‘The cremaster is the male muscle that controls testicular contractions.’
The hooklike tip of a butterfly pupa, serving as an anchorage point.
Late 17th century: from Greek kremastēr, from krema- ‘hang’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.