One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or company to whom money is owed.
- ‘A creditor would have to hire a lawyer in the other jurisdiction and begin the court case all over again.’
- ‘Sometimes the debtor has to bear severe loss, while the creditor goes on minting money.’
- ‘The company met with creditors this week to discuss its business strategy for the next three years.’
- ‘The retailer may then transfer that value electronically either to his creditors or to his bank account.’
- ‘I now realised that I had no way of keeping up my payments to my creditors and the debt management companies.’
- ‘It means that you can make a formal proposal to your creditors to pay part or all of your debts.’
- ‘If your name is on any of the letters, write to the creditors for copies of your credit agreements.’
- ‘Presumably I shall be low down the list when it comes to settling creditors.’
- ‘In most cases, bankrupts will have to make payments to creditors from their income for three years.’
- ‘The creditor could sue the debtor, sell the mortgage securities or sue the surety.’
- ‘Profits from the new company would be used to pay back farmer creditors some of the money due to them.’
- ‘If you make arrangements to pay some creditors but not others, you could run into difficulties again.’
- ‘Shortly after this, the company goes into liquidation and there is not enough money to pay the creditors.’
- ‘You can then work out how much to offer to pay each of your creditors on a monthly basis so they each get a share of your available income.’
- ‘The bank first borrows from the saver and then loans the money to the creditor.’
- ‘Corporations in need of funds have to convince creditors to lend them money.’
- ‘The majority of creditors are large corporations and insurance and reinsurance companies.’
- ‘You drastically cut back on basic necessities such as food or travel to pay creditors.’
- ‘As an unsecured creditor, you might consider taking legal action to recover your debt.’
- ‘Once you have dealt with your priority creditors, write to all your other creditors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.