One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nonprofit-making money cooperative whose members can borrow from pooled deposits at low interest rates.
- ‘They took deposits which they invested and paid the credit union members some pretty high rates of interest.’
- ‘Looking to consolidate his debts into one payment, he took out a loan from a credit union.’
- ‘If you are a credit union member and wish to enter the draw be sure to call to the office immediately and enter your name.’
- ‘There was an increase in juvenile members and the credit union thanked parents and teachers for encouraging children to join.’
- ‘Many first-time buyers are borrowing thousands of euro from their local credit union towards their deposit.’
- ‘Councillors agreed to consider ways in which the council could support the credit union financially and through access to its facilities.’
- ‘She told this newspaper that she borrowed €90,000 from a local credit union and her bank.’
- ‘In the case of a building society and a credit union, a person usually has to be a member or a shareholder in order to be entitled to deal with it.’
- ‘All money paid into the credit union is insured and covered by the Financial Ombudsman.’
- ‘All credit union members are invited to attend, where full reports of the past year will be unveiled.’
- ‘It may also be beneficial for you to obtain the lower interest rate credit card from your credit union.’
- ‘A credit union is generally set up to offer a financial lifeline to people who are outside the mainstream banking system.’
- ‘For example, the interest rate the credit union charges will often be reduced if you pay back the loan early.’
- ‘One great alternative to getting ripped off by greedy lenders is to join a credit union.’
- ‘I recently spoke to a taxi driver who had put all his kids through university thanks exclusively to the credit union.’
- ‘Cheques are acceptable as payment from any institution, including a credit union.’
- ‘He wanted to clear his old debt with the credit union despite encouraging his family to take on new debt for cars and kitchens.’
- ‘If you do decide to join a credit union and take out a loan for Christmas, then you should apply as soon as possible.’
- ‘I was a member of a credit union for a long time, and I felt it did a great job.’
- ‘The money market earns higher interest rates than their savings bank and credit union accounts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.