One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of derivative in which the risk that a loan will not be repaid is sold to a party other than the lender.‘credit derivatives act as insurance for a company that invests in a corporate bond or loan’
- ‘Credit derivatives are a major accident in the making.’
- ‘Credit derivatives depend on the credit worthiness of a company.’
- ‘Anxiety is high: Big losses in credit derivatives could set off a chain reaction.’
- ‘Banks have also pulled in profits in side businesses such as credit derivatives and settling trades for hedge funds.’
- ‘Other application areas are credit derivatives where the payoff is linked to the spread.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.