One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of derivative in which the risk that a loan will not be repaid is sold to a party other than the lender.‘credit derivatives act as insurance for a company that invests in a corporate bond or loan’
- ‘Credit derivatives are a major accident in the making.’
- ‘Other application areas are credit derivatives where the payoff is linked to the spread.’
- ‘Anxiety is high: Big losses in credit derivatives could set off a chain reaction.’
- ‘Credit derivatives depend on the credit worthiness of a company.’
- ‘Banks have also pulled in profits in side businesses such as credit derivatives and settling trades for hedge funds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.