Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A person or thing that brings something into existence.
writer, author, composer, designer, deviser, maker, inventor, producer, developerView synonyms
- ‘People wouldn't pirate them in general, because people generally like to respect the rights of creators.’
- ‘How can one be both an artistic creator and a consummate trivialist at the same time?’
- ‘I almost have this urge to send the creator of the programme a big box of chocolates!’
- ‘At its best journalism is passionate and compelling for its creators and its audiences.’
- ‘It is given life by the intent of its creator and is initially designed to fulfill a certain goal.’
- ‘The animated series and this movie were a labor of love for the creators that produced it.’
- ‘Does this mean the creators of the character should have no rights?’
- ‘She appealed to creators worldwide to initiate exhibitions about this situation.’
- ‘Are you one of the thousands of businesses who get stuck into the task of nurturing the next generation of wealth creators?’
- ‘Just the existence of onerous copyright law has a chilling effect on creators.’
- ‘It's obvious the original movie's creators had no clue as to how big a hit the first movie would become.’
- ‘Many of those extracting new value from old content are not the original creators or rights-holders.’
- ‘Our bureaucracy revels in delays which retard growth and make life miserable for job creators.’
- ‘That left it up to traditional comic creators to build a strong Internet presence.’
- ‘Well, as a creator and as an artist I am a creature overwhelmed by the creative process itself.’
- ‘It tells you how the authors and creators can be contacted in case you have questions.’
- ‘And it is inconceivable that this is what the original creators of copyright law had in mind.’
- ‘Artists and creators need to look back in their roots and past, and then create the future.’
- ‘It helps young creators and young dancers to understand in which way they can go forward.’
- ‘Its political creators shared the same productivist vision, but had different ideas about the way to realize it.’
- 1.1Used as a name for God.
god, the lord, the almighty, the master of the universeView synonyms
- ‘Reason, conscience and common sense demand that there be a Creator.’
- ‘It boils down to worshipping the creation and rejecting the Creator - and that is a big mistake.’
- ‘Instead we should give glory and honor to the Creator and return to the authority of His Word.’
- ‘To pray to our Creator to help in ways that only He can is what all of us should be doing with any spare moment we have!’
- ‘It is a blasphemy against the very Creator of life who taught us to cherish and sanctify life.’
- ‘He should heartily submit to the Lord's will, worship the Creator and efface his self-conceit.’
- ‘Hence we find writers who have no difficulty in supposing both that God is the Creator and that the created world never had a beginning.’
- ‘In Psalm 148, the psalmist speaks of all creation giving praise to God, their Creator.’
- ‘The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary.’
- ‘Each and every one of us has been given tremendous potential for greatness by our Creator.’
- ‘In the end evil will be punished and everybody who rebels against the Creator will be judged.’
- ‘Since the worshipper accepts God as his Creator, the physical body thus already belongs to Him.’
- ‘My 5 daily prayers refresh me, keep me connected to my Creator and keep me focused on Him.’
- ‘In the Bible, as we have seen, God is the Creator of the world, the source of its ongoing life.’
- ‘Muslim scientists attributed this fine system to its originator, God the Creator of all.’
- ‘What Kabbalah teaches is that the Creator, when he created this world, actually gave us a guide book.’
- ‘The unity and perfection of creation taps us into the unity and perfection of the Creator.’
- ‘Hence, the Muslims prefer the name Allah when referring to the Almighty Creator.’
- ‘Christ will be the final judge on that last day, and only those who have believed in him as the Creator, Saviour and Judge will be saved.’
- ‘The Qur'an says that it is a revelation from the Creator of all that exists.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.