Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution.
- ‘I'm not going to argue creationism, evolution, and all that stuff.’
- ‘So, as you read this book, challenge yourself to rethink what you have been offered concerning evolution and creationism.’
- ‘Christians weren't the only ones in the poll to favor the teaching of creationism along with evolution in public schools.’
- ‘Some readers questioned whether the research I discussed actually supported evolution and not creationism.’
- ‘Which theory do you think should be taught in our schools - creationism, evolution, intelligent design or all of the above?’
- ‘He spoke on the importance of believing in Biblical creationism and the Flood, and why it needs to be a part of our evangelism.’
- ‘He even puts much of the blame for the successes of creationism on such evolutionists.’
- ‘Politically active creationists failed in their attempts to have creationism taught alongside evolution as a science.’
- ‘The discussion about evolution and creationism is fine as long as it is confined to the salon and the pulpit.’
- ‘Many evolutionists are calling this creationism wrapped in a new package.’
- ‘Whether one believes in creationism or evolution has nothing to do with Christianity.’
- ‘The majority of Americans believe in creationism rather than evolution.’
- ‘Biblical creationism, which is a separate line of argumentation, appeals to the authority of the Genesis account.’
- ‘Debates over whether public schools should teach creationism or Darwinian evolution are also fundamentally moral.’
- ‘They spend much time attacking biblical creationism and creationists.’
- ‘It is the debate over our origins and how evolution or creationism or intelligent design should be taught in our nation's public schools.’
- ‘The original proposal was to stop teaching evolution theory until creationism could be taught alongside.’
- ‘It's not limited to evolution and creationism, but also includes the anthropic principle and other relevant issues.’
- ‘Besieged teachers and others may increasingly find themselves on the spot to defend evolution and refute creationism.’
- ‘As a movement, they are unwilling to align themselves with Biblical creationism.’
- 1.1another term for creation science
- ‘It is not surprising that theologians and mainstream Christians claim that creationism damages Christianity.’
- ‘This succinctly expresses, I think, both the nature and the theological weakness in ID creationism.’
- ‘Intelligent Design creationism is bad theology, bad politics, bad education, and bad science.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.