Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution.
- ‘The majority of Americans believe in creationism rather than evolution.’
- ‘Debates over whether public schools should teach creationism or Darwinian evolution are also fundamentally moral.’
- ‘They spend much time attacking biblical creationism and creationists.’
- ‘Whether one believes in creationism or evolution has nothing to do with Christianity.’
- ‘It's not limited to evolution and creationism, but also includes the anthropic principle and other relevant issues.’
- ‘Christians weren't the only ones in the poll to favor the teaching of creationism along with evolution in public schools.’
- ‘The discussion about evolution and creationism is fine as long as it is confined to the salon and the pulpit.’
- ‘He spoke on the importance of believing in Biblical creationism and the Flood, and why it needs to be a part of our evangelism.’
- ‘The original proposal was to stop teaching evolution theory until creationism could be taught alongside.’
- ‘I'm not going to argue creationism, evolution, and all that stuff.’
- ‘He even puts much of the blame for the successes of creationism on such evolutionists.’
- ‘Which theory do you think should be taught in our schools - creationism, evolution, intelligent design or all of the above?’
- ‘It is the debate over our origins and how evolution or creationism or intelligent design should be taught in our nation's public schools.’
- ‘Some readers questioned whether the research I discussed actually supported evolution and not creationism.’
- ‘Many evolutionists are calling this creationism wrapped in a new package.’
- ‘Besieged teachers and others may increasingly find themselves on the spot to defend evolution and refute creationism.’
- ‘So, as you read this book, challenge yourself to rethink what you have been offered concerning evolution and creationism.’
- ‘Biblical creationism, which is a separate line of argumentation, appeals to the authority of the Genesis account.’
- ‘Politically active creationists failed in their attempts to have creationism taught alongside evolution as a science.’
- ‘As a movement, they are unwilling to align themselves with Biblical creationism.’
- 1.1another term for creation science
- ‘It is not surprising that theologians and mainstream Christians claim that creationism damages Christianity.’
- ‘Intelligent Design creationism is bad theology, bad politics, bad education, and bad science.’
- ‘This succinctly expresses, I think, both the nature and the theological weakness in ID creationism.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.