Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A compound that is produced by metabolism of creatine and excreted in the urine.
- ‘An alternative method is measurement of the ratio of protein or albumin to creatinine in an untimed urine specimen.’
- ‘Because creatine is excreted as creatinine by the kidneys, it is prudent to take it with plenty of water.’
- ‘Both creatinine and cystatin-C are proteins found in the blood and filtered through the kidneys.’
- ‘Liver enzymes and creatinine were also assessed at each visit.’
- ‘In some patients with cardiac toxicity, rise in liver enzymes and serum creatinine also occurred.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.