One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A carbonated vanilla-flavored soft drink.
- ‘He went into the fridge, picked up a can of cream soda, and took the seat across from me.’
- ‘Two glass bottles of cream soda sat temptingly in the refrigerator.’
- ‘Jason walked back with two cream sodas in his hand.’
- ‘For a treat, serve the guests green sherbet with cream soda or ginger ale.’
- ‘I had two Sourdough Jack's with extra pickles and cream soda.’
- ‘She chuckled a little and pulled the ring on her can of cream soda.’
- ‘‘I hope you like cream soda,’ she said placing one in front of Laura with that same grin on her face.’
- ‘Vernors, which is kind of like a cross between ginger ale and cream soda, may be difficult to find at the local 7-11, but it's still around today.’
- ‘He invites me into his tiny Loring Park apartment and offers cream soda.’
- ‘Kids can become tour members, too, by joining the Root Beer Tour, sampling a number of boutique non-alcoholic, carbonated brews including a number of root beer and cream sodas.’
- ‘Holly and I came over with several cases of cream soda, a blender, and a book on Feng Shui (our idea of house-warming gifts).’
- ‘Vanilla, too, pairs naturally well with mixers that have vanilla tones of their own, including cream soda and cola.’
- ‘‘I'll order the pepperoni and pineapple pizza if you go pick up the movies and some cream soda,’ she told him.’
- ‘Ryan handed her the paper and grudgingly sat down with a diet cream soda.’
- ‘I grinned and grabbed the six-pack of cream soda we had stolen from the supply room last year.’
- ‘So I ended up spending most of Lara's labor hours sipping cream soda and staring dazedly at the T.V. screen, not really seeing it.’
- ‘She opens her eyes to see a can of cream soda sitting on the desk.’
- ‘It tastes similar to cream soda but has a sort of raspberry flavour as well (in my opinion, but it could just be the red colour).’
- ‘It didn't feel like October at all, the tourists all looking sedated under the wilting heat and queuing for ice-creams at Perry's which sells 21 different flavours, as well as malts, floats and cream sodas.’
- ‘We sat outside drinking cream sodas and talked about the evolution of the game and about coaching and the struggle of the black athlete.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.