One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pie with a sweet, custard-like filling, often topped with whipped cream.‘a cream pie just tastes better when it's chilled’‘a chocolate cream pie’
- ‘She offers a wide variety of pies, including sweet potato, pumpkin, pecan, and cream pies.’
- ‘In February 1998 Gates was attacked with a cream pie.’
- ‘The traditional Boston cream pie uses sponge cake as the base; unfortunately, it uses a lot of egg yolks.’
- ‘Suddenly, a generous slice of banana cream pie slides in front of me.’
- ‘I'd love to have had a cream pie.’
- ‘I thought the banana cream pie was the highlight of the meal, but that's not saying much.’
- ‘We split a banana cream pie four ways.’
- ‘Be sure to stop for the banana cream pie at Mary's restaurant, in Kingwood.’
- ‘Sometimes nothing can satisfy you like a favorite comfort food, and Boston cream pie certainly falls into that category.’
- ‘I'm going to make sure that I've instituted my fitness plan in order for me to have a Bavarian Cream Pie.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.