One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Soft, rich cheese made from unskimmed milk and cream.
- ‘Spread the rye bread with the butter or cream cheese.’
- ‘A good tasting soy cream cheese would be more than welcome on the bagels of health-conscious eaters.’
- ‘Another American cheese which deserves mention is Philadelphia cream cheese.’
- ‘Others eat them with a slab of cheese on top or slathered with peanut butter or cream cheese.’
- ‘With natural creaminess from mascarpone, cream cheese and crème fraîche, it is thick and luscious.’
- ‘In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle, mix cream cheese and butter until combined.’
- ‘For breakfast, Graham eats a bagel with tofu cream cheese, tomato and turkey bacon.’
- ‘Combine cream cheese, sugar and milk, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.’
- ‘Hard-packed butter and cream cheese have more calories than the softer versions.’
- ‘I either have an everything bagel with cream cheese or an oat raisin with butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar.’
- ‘Cream together the butter, basil, parsley, cream cheese, oil, garlic and grated cheese in a large bowl.’
- ‘We put that with a double or triple cream cheese or by itself, it's fantastic.’
- ‘Skim ricotta can replace cream cheese on a bagel or in a vegetable dip.’
- ‘Mascarpone is a very rich, triple cream cheese from Lombardy in northern Italy.’
- ‘Stir in milk, cream cheese, mustard and oregano, whisking until smooth.’
- ‘I'm doing well so far but I just could not pass up cream cheese on my whole wheat toast today.’
- ‘She loves cream cheese, so maybe I'll make something with goat cream cheese.’
- ‘Top with jam, peanut butter, almond butter, low fat cottage cheese, light cream cheese or lox.’
- ‘Ask the children if they would like their celery filled with either cream cheese or peanut butter.’
- ‘However, hard cheeses are not affected and no health warning was ever issued about cottage cheese, cream cheese or fromage fraîs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.