One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Surgical opening into the skull.
- ‘The surgeon performed a craniotomy via the previous surgical site.’
- ‘Tegmen erosion can be approached through a limited temporal craniotomy with extradural repair.’
- ‘Open craniotomy was performed with subtotal removal of the tumor and cyst drainage.’
- ‘A left frontotemporal craniotomy was performed on the day following the embolization.’
- ‘The two options for invasive treatment are open craniotomy and endovascular treatment.’
- ‘From a technical standpoint, a brain tumor removal operation is called a craniotomy.’
- ‘A craniotomy is performed under general anesthesia.’
- ‘The patient underwent a posterior craniotomy with a resection of the mass.’
- ‘For brain aneurysms, a specialised surgical procedure called a craniotomy is carried out to open the head.’
- ‘The lesion was excised via a bilateral frontal craniotomy.’
- ‘Focal tailored resection or awake craniotomy also are options.’
- ‘A standby set of metallic craniotomy instruments should be kept outside the MRI area for emergency use.’
- ‘As much of the tumour as possible is removed by making an opening in the skull called a craniotomy.’
- ‘She had to undergo an emergency craniotomy to remove blood clots in her brain.’
- ‘In 1988, the patient underwent craniotomy followed by transphenoidal resection for recurrence.’
- ‘This tray is assembled with basic craniotomy instruments to help minimize cost to the patient.’
- ‘My patient undergoing the craniotomy had no previous experience with surgery, and he was quite scared.’
- ‘Nursing care of these patients is similar to that for any patient recovering from craniotomy and general anesthesia.’
- ‘That's because while unconscious, he had needed two craniotomies to relieve the pressure.’
- 1.1 Surgical perforation of the skull of a dead fetus to ease delivery.
- ‘One procedure destroys the fetus by a craniotomy, the other by dismemberment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.