One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition, affecting some conjoined twins, of being joined at the head.as modifier ‘adult craniopagus twins’
- ‘Manar was born with a rare condition known as craniopagus parasiticus, which occurs when an embryo begins to split into identical twins but fails to complete the process.’
- ‘The first successful operation I could find on craniopagus twins was 1952, where both twins survived.’
- ‘However, this is the first time surgeons have tried to separate adult craniopagus twins.’
- ‘Rebeca was the eighth documented case in the world of craniopagus parasiticus, doctors said.’
- ‘Carson was the primary neurosurgeon that successfully separated seven-month-old German craniopagus twin boys.’
Late 19th century: from cranio- + Greek ‘that which is fixed’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.