(of conjoined twins) the condition of being joined at the head.[as modifier] ‘the first time that surgeons had tried to separate adult craniopagus twins’
- ‘The first successful operation I could find on craniopagus twins was 1952, where both twins survived.’
- ‘Manar was born with a rare condition known as craniopagus parasiticus, which occurs when an embryo begins to split into identical twins but fails to complete the process.’
- ‘However, this is the first time surgeons have tried to separate adult craniopagus twins.’
- ‘Carson was the primary neurosurgeon that successfully separated seven-month-old German craniopagus twin boys.’
- ‘Rebeca was the eighth documented case in the world of craniopagus parasiticus, doctors said.’
Based on cranio- skull + Greek pagos something that has become solid.