One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The scientific measurement of skulls, especially in relation to craniology.
- ‘Some of the examples he discusses may remind us of the metaphorical appropriation of biology by racist craniometry in the nineteenth century.’
- ‘This looked very much like some of the phrenology and craniometry that was being done in the 19th Century.’
- ‘In the 18th and 19th centuries European and American intellectuals relied on craniometry to explain and defend racial hierarchy.’
- ‘The nineteenth-century interest in craniometry had assumed that intelligence was both biological and inheritable.’
- ‘The SAP physicians were far more rigorously quantitative in their craniometry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.