Relating to the skull or cranium.
- ‘The temporal muscle may have a more extensive cranial origin than usual.’
- ‘The peripheral nervous system includes cranial and peripheral nerves and associated ganglia.’
- ‘The lesion appeared to extrude into the cranial cavity with the dura mater in its integrity.’
- ‘Some osteopaths do cranial manipulation, also called cranial osteopathy.’
- ‘They are attached to the cranial or spinal meninges and usually present as a single mass.’
Early 19th century: from cranium + -al.