One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A skin condition sometimes seen in babies caused by excessive production of sebum, characterized by areas of yellowish or brownish scales on the top of the head.
- ‘In very young babies there's a kind of eczema called cradle cap, where there's scaling on the scalp.’
- ‘Use a soft bristle baby brush, tooth brush, or combs to comb your baby's hair with every bath if your baby has cradle cap.’
- ‘Also known as cradle cap, it usually starts on the scalp or the nappy area and quickly spreads.’
- ‘We had heard about a special soap from a friend who had used it to clear his daughter's cradle cap.’’
- ‘If the patch of cradle cap is large and thick, first try softening it by rubbing on warm mineral oil.’
- ‘I knew all about cradle cap, sleep training, let down, post-natal depression.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.