One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Superb costumes and well-executed scenery changes made up for crackly sound and a first-half that dragged a little.’
- ‘A crackly voice echoed out of radio sets across Afghanistan.’
- ‘So far I've teased three clips out, and they're not just fuzzy and crackly, they're very small.’
- ‘I had to cast a spell, which required making claw-hands and issuing some sort of crackly lightning sounds.’
- ‘I think it's great apart from the sound quality that goes crackly for about a minute then is fine for two then crackly again.’
- ‘I remember hearing the speech of King George V on a crackly radio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.