One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Grains of wheat that have been crushed into small pieces.
- ‘The terms cracked wheat, multi-grain and stone-ground wheat don't necessarily mean the product is rich in fiber, either.’
- ‘Soak the cracked wheat in a bowl of water for 30-45 minutes.’
- ‘Pearl barley, cracked wheat, graham flour and popcorn also make the whole-grain grade.’
- ‘The finishing diet consisted of corn silage, chopped hay, whole corn, cracked wheat, and supplement.’
- ‘Sandwiches were listed as traditional wedges, assorted filled ciabatta, cracked wheat roll and tomato bread roll.’
- ‘Tabbouleh, a cracked wheat salad flavored with parsley is commonly served in Morocco.’
- ‘The Lebanese national dish is kibbeh, made of either lamb or beef and cracked wheat.’
- ‘Additions such as flax, nuts, seeds and cracked wheat add even more fiber and nutrition.’
- ‘Roast saddle of lamb is smartly surrounded by rustic eggplant caviar and cracked wheat.’
- ‘In North Africa, cucumber is often cut into chunks and tossed in a salad of couscous or cracked wheat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.