One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely foolish; crazy.‘a crackbrained idea’
stupid, silly, idiotic, half-witted, witless, brainless, mindless, thoughtless, imprudent, incautious, irresponsible, injudicious, indiscreet, unwise, unintelligent, unreasonableView synonyms
- ‘It cannot be possible that a man of that sagacity should be associated with such a crackbrained scheme.’
- ‘He told me straight away that I was crackbrained and only dreaming.’
- ‘A belief or a conviction, no matter how crackbrained, is not an assertion subject to editorial or legal correction.’
- ‘Why would they ship their only daughter across five countries to compete in some crackbrained battle of the fittest?’
- ‘On his own, he would have shared in the crackbrained political theories that abounded wherever tourists were to be found.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.