One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A creeping grass that can become a serious weed.
- ‘It is especially effective on crabgrass, goosegrass, and chickweed.’
- ‘It is for control of black nightshade, pigweed, waterhemp, foxtail and crabgrass.’
- ‘Orchardgrass and clover, Matua bromegrass, crabgrass, cereal rye, and alfalfa have also been used.’
- ‘By allowing grass blades to shade the ground, you prevent crabgrass from sprouting.’
- ‘I carefully fed and nurtured what I thought where newly germinated flower seeds, only to discover that it was all crabgrass.’
- ‘I do not want to have to deal with weeds and crabgrass at the same time.’
- ‘All summer we fight Bermuda grass, nut grass, crabgrass, goosegrass, Dallis grass, spurge, pigweed and others.’
- ‘So if you're building distributed networks, learn from crabgrass.’
- ‘If crabgrass and dandelions are a problem, try a herbicidal soap.’
- ‘If you don't like having dandelions and crabgrass in your lawn, then dig them out.’
- ‘Yellow foxtail and crabgrass should be treated prior to tiller initiation for best results.’
- ‘The same goes for common garden weeds like crabgrass and common purslane.’
- ‘The existing crabgrass responds well to being pulled.’
- ‘One unique tel sequence was found in sorghum, hairy crabgrass, barley, rye, and pearl millet, as was found in rice.’
- ‘How many times have you missed a duck because you were wondering whether you were standing in crabgrass or sawgrass?’
- ‘To control crabgrass and dandelions before they sprout, apply a preemergence herbicide.’
- ‘I've got two acres here in Florida infested with crabgrass.’
- ‘It will also suppress growth of bahiagrass, dallisgrass, torpedograss and crabgrass.’
- ‘In order to control crabgrass you must use a pre-emergent herbicide that will prevent the crabgrass seeds from germinating.’
- ‘There wasn't a bit of crabgrass anywhere, thanks to his careful tending.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.