Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A creeping grass that can become a serious weed.
- ‘One unique tel sequence was found in sorghum, hairy crabgrass, barley, rye, and pearl millet, as was found in rice.’
- ‘I've got two acres here in Florida infested with crabgrass.’
- ‘If crabgrass and dandelions are a problem, try a herbicidal soap.’
- ‘It is for control of black nightshade, pigweed, waterhemp, foxtail and crabgrass.’
- ‘The existing crabgrass responds well to being pulled.’
- ‘So if you're building distributed networks, learn from crabgrass.’
- ‘Yellow foxtail and crabgrass should be treated prior to tiller initiation for best results.’
- ‘All summer we fight Bermuda grass, nut grass, crabgrass, goosegrass, Dallis grass, spurge, pigweed and others.’
- ‘I carefully fed and nurtured what I thought where newly germinated flower seeds, only to discover that it was all crabgrass.’
- ‘To control crabgrass and dandelions before they sprout, apply a preemergence herbicide.’
- ‘There wasn't a bit of crabgrass anywhere, thanks to his careful tending.’
- ‘The same goes for common garden weeds like crabgrass and common purslane.’
- ‘It will also suppress growth of bahiagrass, dallisgrass, torpedograss and crabgrass.’
- ‘I do not want to have to deal with weeds and crabgrass at the same time.’
- ‘Orchardgrass and clover, Matua bromegrass, crabgrass, cereal rye, and alfalfa have also been used.’
- ‘How many times have you missed a duck because you were wondering whether you were standing in crabgrass or sawgrass?’
- ‘It is especially effective on crabgrass, goosegrass, and chickweed.’
- ‘If you don't like having dandelions and crabgrass in your lawn, then dig them out.’
- ‘In order to control crabgrass you must use a pre-emergent herbicide that will prevent the crabgrass seeds from germinating.’
- ‘By allowing grass blades to shade the ground, you prevent crabgrass from sprouting.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.