One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rectangular stick of mixed, compressed fish pieces flavored with crab.
- ‘This huge platter is a selection of starters recommended by the chef, including fish cakes, prawn in batter and crab sticks.’
- ‘I decided to begin with cold items, choosing a large portion crab sticks with many condiments to accompany them.’
- ‘I began with some gazpacho, plus croutons and a selection of cold cuts, while Madame had some pastrami and crab sticks.’
- ‘The first 5 freezers were full of stuff like party food, crab sticks and melon balls for a quid.’
- ‘The place was packed, we drank beer, ate chips and crab sticks, indulged in much drunken revelry with loads of laughing friends.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.