One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wicker trap for crabs.
- ‘Smith said a positive step would be to develop more efficient crab pots as an alternative to nets.’
- ‘You can come in here and hike, fish, hunt, take photographs, put out crab pots, build fires, cook.’
- ‘I thought if I went inside the wheelhouse the boat could list and my crab pots would jam the door.’
- ‘Fortunately we do much better with the two crab pots.’
- ‘We'll be checking the crab pot each Saturday morning.’
- ‘He is also an environmental activist on the Chesapeake when he's not tending his crab pots.’
- ‘Using pots similar to fold down crab pots has been productive along the river.’
- ‘Joe will fish 3000 crab pots on six-day fishing trips with a five-man crew.’
- ‘More commonly used are floating crab pots made of galvanized chicken wire - up to 300 set at a time.’
- ‘Fishers have found their crab pots packed with dead crabs.’
- ‘Data collection landward of the 50 m isobath was severely limited by the need to avoid moored crab pots.’
- ‘When great whites bite something unfamiliar to them, whether a person or a crab pot, they're looking for tactile evidence about what it is.’
- ‘A small number of peeler crabs are also harvested when they enter hard crab pots.’
- ‘We pulled out our crab pot from our secret location to find this lovely specimen.’
- ‘The Northwestern carries about 250 crab pots, and we drop them about a quarter of a mile apart, but that all depends on the weather.’
- ‘It was the blue claw that caught Johnson's eye when he pulled his crab pot from the waters off Gwynn's Island.’
- ‘And crab pots are not free from problems either.’
- ‘In between pulling in crab pots, he explained what he thinks is wrong with conservationists and environmentalists.’
- ‘Skipper Hill is working with 360 crab pots and landing all catches locally.’
- ‘A massive rescue operation swung into action where the ship was last seen hauling crab pots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.