One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for canon cancrizans
- ‘It was not possible to perceive the ten and then fourteen voices of the crab canon of the third movement.’
- ‘Polyphony is even more intricate in this piece, with double fugati, crab canons, and the listener delighted by the humour.’
- ‘Might a punk rock instrumentation of a crab canon wake the senses up?’
- ‘Because both parts begin simultaneously, the terms ‘leader’ and ‘follower’ hardly apply to crab canons.’
- ‘If you'd like to see and hear a crab canon, you can look at the center section of Byrd's Diliges Dominum.’
- ‘I suppose all crab canons do this, but Bach's is the first I'd ever heard of.’
- ‘He wrote an example of a crab canon which has four parts instead of Bach's two.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.