One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for canon cancrizans
- ‘I suppose all crab canons do this, but Bach's is the first I'd ever heard of.’
- ‘Polyphony is even more intricate in this piece, with double fugati, crab canons, and the listener delighted by the humour.’
- ‘If you'd like to see and hear a crab canon, you can look at the center section of Byrd's Diliges Dominum.’
- ‘Because both parts begin simultaneously, the terms ‘leader’ and ‘follower’ hardly apply to crab canons.’
- ‘He wrote an example of a crab canon which has four parts instead of Bach's two.’
- ‘Might a punk rock instrumentation of a crab canon wake the senses up?’
- ‘It was not possible to perceive the ten and then fourteen voices of the crab canon of the third movement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.