Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Write (something) with another person.‘the movie is based on a story he cowrote with his wife’
- ‘She became their most frequent collaborator, writing or co-writing twenty of Ivory's twenty-five features to date.’
- ‘She co-wrote her first album and has written songs for Jennifer Lopez.’
- ‘I co-wrote one song with Billy Corgan, but that was pretty much it.’
- ‘Critics and fans tend to feel an artist is more ‘legitimate’ if they write or co-write their own material.’
- ‘Two books were co-written with his wife, Susan.’
- ‘Yes, I've written for many years, not everything, but I write a lot of my own songs or co-write a lot of my own songs.’
- ‘She's currently co-writing a stage adaptation of the book.’
- ‘Currently I'm working for BBC Radio Four, co-writing a weekly comedy thing.’
- ‘I co-wrote a book a while ago on the British class system.’
- ‘Australian-born Mel Gibson directed and co-wrote the film, which runs just over two hours long.’
- ‘He directed it, starred in it, co-wrote the screenplay, and wrote the original music.’
- ‘Benjamin had worked in counter terrorism at the NSA in the 1990's and co-wrote a book on just this topic.’
- ‘It also stars Eugene Levy, who co-wrote the script.’
- ‘John Carpenter, who directed and co-wrote the original is producing the remake.’
- ‘Even when you're working from another person's material, you usually write or co-write the script.’
- ‘She co-wrote five of the album's 14 songs and further stepped up her game by serving as the album's sole executive producer.’
- ‘We're going to talk with the man who co-wrote the law protecting agents' identities.’
- ‘We are all co-writing the future of history, together.’
- ‘Gibson, who funded, directed and co-wrote the upcoming movie, said he wanted the movie to be shocking and extreme.’
- ‘Gallagher co-wrote the song, and provided backing vocals and lead guitar.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.