One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A type of popular music combining elements of country and western with those of punk rock.
- ‘Turns out they have live music several nights a week - mostly cowpunk.’
- ‘This collective of Montrealers seem to be hopped up on Bill Monroe, Hank Williams, and the cowpunk of Blood on the Saddle.’
- ‘In between, there's plenty of swaggering and stomping about, with big-reverb cowpunk.’
- 1.1 A singer or musician who performs cowpunk.‘she burst on to the scene as a cowpunk’
- ‘Back then, the lines were pretty blurry between punks, cowpunks, hippies, or rockers of all sorts.’
- ‘The psychedelic cowpunks in the band claim that their suburban bubble insulated them from the comparisons that get thrown their way.’
- ‘Dwight was once a cowpunk, but he's become a classic.’
- ‘U.K. cowpunks the Mekons are still at it after some two decades.’
- ‘From cowpunks to good ol’ boys, every new face makes country bigger than it was before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.