One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A type of popular music combining elements of country and western with those of punk rock.
- ‘Turns out they have live music several nights a week - mostly cowpunk.’
- ‘In between, there's plenty of swaggering and stomping about, with big-reverb cowpunk.’
- ‘This collective of Montrealers seem to be hopped up on Bill Monroe, Hank Williams, and the cowpunk of Blood on the Saddle.’
- 1.1 A singer or musician who performs cowpunk.‘she burst on to the scene as a cowpunk’
- ‘The psychedelic cowpunks in the band claim that their suburban bubble insulated them from the comparisons that get thrown their way.’
- ‘U.K. cowpunks the Mekons are still at it after some two decades.’
- ‘Back then, the lines were pretty blurry between punks, cowpunks, hippies, or rockers of all sorts.’
- ‘From cowpunks to good ol’ boys, every new face makes country bigger than it was before.’
- ‘Dwight was once a cowpunk, but he's become a classic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.