One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of an office or other working environment by people who are self-employed or working for different employers, typically so as to share equipment, ideas, and knowledge.‘the whole idea of coworking is to bring bright, creative people together and let the ideas collide’as modifier ‘the area's newest coworking space’
- ‘Co-working is all about bringing flexibility to an office, and that appeals to entrepreneurs.’
- ‘The location is one of several recently opened co-working spaces in Iowa.’
- ‘Frei was introduced to 3-D printing while working as a CG animator in an arts-focused coworking space.’
- ‘There's a reason we've seen a huge influx in coworking spaces the past few years.’
- ‘For fans, coworking offers something missing from the home office and lost in the daily grind.’
- ‘But despite the rapid growth rates estimated above, just a small proportion of workers in the economy are engaged in coworking.’
- ‘The trend of co-working - putting several, small independent companies and professionals under the same roof - has been growing the past five years.’
- ‘Co-working can be tough: regular users of a space have their natural sprawl, while those spending just a few hours at a desk would prefer a minimum of clutter.’
- ‘Portland has its fair share of startup incubators, accelerators and coworking spaces.’
- ‘The midtown Sacramento-based co-working operation hopes to duplicate its success in the university town.’
- ‘Coworking spaces are unfamiliar to those accustomed to conventional workplaces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.