One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make a determined effort to overcome a formidable obstacle.‘Millar cowboyed up, but couldn't he have flipped the Enrique grounder to Pedro?’
- ‘The detective cowboys up to hunt down the mysterious marauder.’
- ‘But a man, she thought, was supposed to endure pain, cowboy up, and not bitch about it all day long.’
- ‘Even the Texans were able to cowboy up in holding the Dolphins' defense without a sack.’
- ‘Both sides need to cowboy up.’
- ‘This would be an open attempt to get them to thinking that they need to cowboy up and put me in my place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.