One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make a determined effort to overcome a formidable obstacle.‘Millar cowboyed up, but couldn't he have flipped the Enrique grounder to Pedro?’
- ‘But a man, she thought, was supposed to endure pain, cowboy up, and not bitch about it all day long.’
- ‘This would be an open attempt to get them to thinking that they need to cowboy up and put me in my place.’
- ‘The detective cowboys up to hunt down the mysterious marauder.’
- ‘Even the Texans were able to cowboy up in holding the Dolphins' defense without a sack.’
- ‘Both sides need to cowboy up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.