One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of boot with a pointed toe and a moderately high heel, extending to mid-calf.
- ‘At the end the cheery music stops and you notice the Santa is wearing Texas style cowboy boots.’
- ‘And that was totally like the sign I needed to confirm that cowboy boots are out.’
- ‘Even before then, I saw some cowboy on TV drinking water out of his boot, so I got a cowboy boot and tried it.’
- ‘She wore a black low cut tank top black jeans under black chaps with fringe along the edges and black cowboy boots with silver stitching.’
- ‘Mark had said earlier how much he liked cowboy boots and had asked me if there were any boot stores in the area.’
- ‘Almost every gym has a few men training either with construction boots or in some cases, with cowboy boots.’
- ‘Tex-Mex food is served promptly every Thursday night, but shirts are buttoned-down and there's not a cowboy boot in sight.’
- ‘In Sydney the big thing seems to be American cowboy boots, preferably worn out.’
- ‘In the land of sneakers, hiking boots and designer footwear, Dave was the guy in cowboy boots.’
- ‘No high-heeled feet or cowboy boots will go pitter-patter or clump-clump on the pavement.’
- ‘In lieu of that, I once saw a guy open a bottle of wine by smacking the bottom of it with a cowboy boot until the cork popped up.’
- ‘Entering the car was like being shoved headfirst into a cowboy boot.’
- ‘Only leaders with cowboy hats and cowboy boots can set things right.’
- ‘In the next panel, a cowboy boot kicks the globe clear of the frame.’
- ‘These were initially designed to enable cowboy boots to fit perfectly under jeans.’
- ‘She dressed in a simple denim jumper and a new straw cowboy hat with red cowboy boots.’
- ‘A gifted rider is a horseman, whether they wear cowboy boots or English field boots.’
- ‘They both drove the same truck and they both wore cowboy hats and cowboy boots.’
- ‘Just then I felt the triangular toe of a cowboy boot nudge my shin.’
- ‘One emporium visited seemed to sell every conceivable kind and color of cowboy boot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.