One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small horse trained for use in cattle ranching.
- ‘He easily pictured himself sitting in the saddle of a black cow pony.’
- ‘When Uncle H. died his grandson took H.'s old cow pony.’
- ‘The four cow ponies were stabled in the four stalls on the right.’
- ‘As broad as a Sherman tank and yellow as a daisy, Pumpkin had once been a Montana cow pony.’
- ‘For one song, he originally wrote: ‘The corn is as high as a cow pony's eye.’’
- ‘Swinging out of the saddle, he tied that old cow pony to the pew beside Grandma and sat down, grinning at the preacher.’
- ‘That old cow pony would head out across the bridge and take him home.’
- ‘Each member of the family owned a horse and four cow ponies were kept for the cowboys to ride.’
- ‘Dad always kept a couple of Montana cow ponies there.’
- ‘They were mounted on two of Gary's cow ponies.’
- ‘A man would rather sleep with his cow pony than with another cowboy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.