One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A seasonal camp apart from the main buildings of a ranch, used during a cattle roundup.
- ‘Even today, a visit to the cow camps will show that Native cowboys are still a vital part of the ranching community.’
- ‘We now have the opportunity to offer you two to five day horseback adventures that take you into the actual working cow camps.’
- ‘One of his cow camps was about thirty miles to the east at a place called Poker Flats.’
- ‘As ‘living historians,’ they recreate the authentic music of the cow camps of Colorado.’
- ‘They lived in a man's world most the time, staying in cow camps for months at a time.’
- ‘The cowboy crew is very experienced and is stationed at cow camps within the ranch.’
- ‘Participation in the advanced cow camps requires good riding skills since the days can be long.’
- ‘Other options are available, such as weekender packages, cow camps, and ‘city slicker’ cattle drives.’
- ‘A lot of these girls ended up in cow camps and mining towns around the West.’
- ‘The era of the wagon came to an end in the 1970's, and individual cow camps were built in each pasture system.’
- ‘Roughly a dozen cow camps were located on the west end of Grand Mesa, each one critical to summer livestock operations.’
- ‘In many cases, they became songs and stories became as prevalent in the cow camps of the old west as Chaps and Spurs.’
- ‘Florida's cowboy heritage comes alive with living history demonstrations of the early Florida ‘cow hunters’ in an 1876-era cow camp.’
- ‘In the cow camps the young girls and boys have the responsibility to put cow dung in heaps in the sun.’
- ‘Scattered farms, mining towns and cow camps also depended on the service of Moab's new physician.’
- ‘Soldiers relocated to the new western forts needed beef and soon cow camps began to spring up near the Fort Worth to Fort Belknap Road.’
- ‘He was beaten and battered by life in cow camps, but he loved that life and the horses.’
- ‘Some outfits got by on corn bread, tortillas or even hard-tack, but the staple of most cow camps was the sourdough biscuit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.