One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female model whose picture appears on magazine covers.
- ‘It may be more of a surprise that Heather Graham did not fare well as a cover girl.’
- ‘But the queen mum was not exactly your typical cover girl, at least here in the United States.’
- ‘The more a man trusts and seeks to give selflessly to a woman the less he needs her to look like a cover girl.’
- ‘They all thought I'd be a fashion model, a black cover girl.’
- ‘Peachie Pink is the cover girl, appearing on the front with her hair dyed magenta, wearing a matching bikini.’
- ‘But after a second look, she realised the cover girl was her.’
- ‘Jane Fonda is a cover girl again at the age of 67, beating off competition from a nubile 23-year-old model.’
- ‘The one-time homecoming queen is now the cover girl of the California recall calendar.’
- ‘Model hopeful Alexandra Khan is drumming up public support to win a national competition and become a cover girl.’
- ‘This will be a long, hard goal to reach, but I'm determined to be your cover girl.’
- ‘Which cover girl is selling most lad mags and tabloids?’
- ‘Stewart also is the cover girl for a winter edition of WLS Lifestyles, a magazine about weight loss surgery.’
- ‘Like all the women on my wife's side of the family, Linda looks like a cover girl, but is as determined as a pit bull.’
- ‘TEN years ago Tonya Harding found herself the unlikely cover girl of Time magazine.’
- ‘The cover girl - who spent six weeks in a rehab clinic in 1998-has always denied using hard narcotics like cocaine.’
- ‘The image, however, shows a young cover girl in a swimming pool.’
- ‘A contradiction in terms, maybe, but with her quirky looks, Elson became the hottest cover girl in the world.’
- ‘The winner will also feature as a cover girl for the leading industry magazine Cosmopolitan.’
- ‘Producers follow her and invite her to be their cover girl.’
- ‘Humphreys, a gal who looks sexy in jeans and a t-shirt as far as I'm concerned, is the cover girl for the issue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.