One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female model whose picture appears on magazine covers.
- ‘Stewart also is the cover girl for a winter edition of WLS Lifestyles, a magazine about weight loss surgery.’
- ‘They all thought I'd be a fashion model, a black cover girl.’
- ‘It may be more of a surprise that Heather Graham did not fare well as a cover girl.’
- ‘Peachie Pink is the cover girl, appearing on the front with her hair dyed magenta, wearing a matching bikini.’
- ‘TEN years ago Tonya Harding found herself the unlikely cover girl of Time magazine.’
- ‘The one-time homecoming queen is now the cover girl of the California recall calendar.’
- ‘Model hopeful Alexandra Khan is drumming up public support to win a national competition and become a cover girl.’
- ‘Producers follow her and invite her to be their cover girl.’
- ‘The cover girl - who spent six weeks in a rehab clinic in 1998-has always denied using hard narcotics like cocaine.’
- ‘The winner will also feature as a cover girl for the leading industry magazine Cosmopolitan.’
- ‘The image, however, shows a young cover girl in a swimming pool.’
- ‘Jane Fonda is a cover girl again at the age of 67, beating off competition from a nubile 23-year-old model.’
- ‘Like all the women on my wife's side of the family, Linda looks like a cover girl, but is as determined as a pit bull.’
- ‘This will be a long, hard goal to reach, but I'm determined to be your cover girl.’
- ‘Humphreys, a gal who looks sexy in jeans and a t-shirt as far as I'm concerned, is the cover girl for the issue.’
- ‘The more a man trusts and seeks to give selflessly to a woman the less he needs her to look like a cover girl.’
- ‘A contradiction in terms, maybe, but with her quirky looks, Elson became the hottest cover girl in the world.’
- ‘Which cover girl is selling most lad mags and tabloids?’
- ‘But after a second look, she realised the cover girl was her.’
- ‘But the queen mum was not exactly your typical cover girl, at least here in the United States.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.