Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A flat fee paid for admission to a restaurant, bar, club, etc.
- ‘All are welcome to attend and there is a nominal cover charge of 2.’
- ‘No cover charge we are told, so all the groovier.’
- ‘Early reports said there would be a cover charge at all times.’
- ‘There's always a cover charge at the door of a sex club, as high as $50, which goes straight to management.’
- ‘Unfortunately, for this reader, the humor fell flat and I was left wishing for a return on a cover charge.’
- ‘The night starts at 8.30 with a cover charge of 15 euro.’
- ‘A cover charge of $5.00 per person (as well as donations) will be collected.’
- ‘At nine, we paid a small cover charge and went downstairs.’
- ‘A cover charge of Eu 5.00 per walk (Children Under 12 with adult only) will apply.’
- ‘The cover charge and the drink price is not worth it.’
- ‘Pay your cover charge and stop running around from club to club.’
- ‘Standard cover charge is €25 per person with corporate tables of ten costing €200.’
- ‘Games kick off at 8pm with a cover charge of £1, which includes light refreshments.’
- ‘The cover charge was $3 but with the obligatory tip, it was more like $3.02.’
- ‘There will be 8 local bands performing from 4pm to 10 pm and the cover charge will be 8 Euro.’
- ‘Depending on when you arrive, there could be a cover charge of up to $5.00.’
- ‘We came back the next night and were told the cover charge was R50.’
- ‘So, from now on, if we charge a cover charge, it's going to be at least $6.’
- ‘You walk out the door and there's $20, as if it's a cover charge for the city.’
- ‘The cover charge of Rs.150 includes refreshments and dinner.’
cover charge/ˈkəvər CHärj/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.