One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person to whom a promise by covenant is made.
- ‘Nor will it assist the appellant if it falls within the first class, since he was not the original covenantee.’
- ‘The covenantee must declare the full amount receivable on his tax return and he is given credit for the tax withheld.’
- ‘To be legally effective, the covenant must be signed, sealed and delivered by the covenantor to the covenantee.’
- ‘The covenanted income is regarded as the income of the covenantee and not that of the covenantor.’
- ‘This means that the covenantee has a choice between suing the owner, or proceeding against the original covenantor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.