One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person to whom a promise by covenant is made.
- ‘To be legally effective, the covenant must be signed, sealed and delivered by the covenantor to the covenantee.’
- ‘This means that the covenantee has a choice between suing the owner, or proceeding against the original covenantor.’
- ‘Nor will it assist the appellant if it falls within the first class, since he was not the original covenantee.’
- ‘The covenantee must declare the full amount receivable on his tax return and he is given credit for the tax withheld.’
- ‘The covenanted income is regarded as the income of the covenantee and not that of the covenantor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.