One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Calvinist theology) the covenant between God and humanity that was broken by Adam's sin at the Fall.
- ‘The sanctions of the covenant of works are revealed in nature, hard-wired into creation itself.’
- ‘When they ate they broke the covenant of works and their punishment was death.’
- ‘So the doctrine of the covenant of works is not necessarily founded on the metaphor of God as an employer.’
- ‘Keep in mind that the covenant of works was a covenant imposing personal obligation upon Adam.’
- ‘He said that Bavinck, like all distinguished Dutch theologians, believed in a covenant of works.’
- ‘And no one should jump to the conclusion that this makes the covenant of Abraham a covenant of works.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.