One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is argued that the terms valence, covalence, hypervalence, oxidation state, and coordination number are often confused and misused in the literature.’
- ‘We describe a rough estimate that suggests such effects on the degree of covalence are very small.’
- ‘Indeed the measurements of bond length make this the best single formula that can be written with two single and two double S-O bonds, making six covalences in all.’
- ‘The iron atom in hæm compounds has its six covalences directed toward the six corners of an octahedron.’
- ‘Upon thorough research, use of variances, covalences, de gauss and poisson formulas it looks like the most used word until now has been ‘flash’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.