One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female couturier.
- ‘Jack's Aunt Minnie's a swell old gal, and, more to the point, as ‘Roberta,’ the most fashionable couturière in all of Paris, she's sure to give the boys a hand.’
- ‘Aesthetic touches and interesting decorative features indicate that Maud often worked closely with her couturières.’
- ‘In the two-decade period between the World Wars, she points out, couturières, not couturiers - gals, not guys - dominated the field of designing for women.’
- ‘Cheers everyone… now can anyone tell me the difference between a centimètre de couturière and a règle japonaise, also accessories for couture?’
- ‘The great French couturières create perfectly balanced and fitting garments by modelling, which are looked upon as the hall-mark of style.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.