One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small light in a car that is automatically switched on when one of the doors is opened.
- ‘If the car moves off with a door open, that is at below three mph, there is an audible warning and the courtesy lights flash to warn the driver.’
- ‘Can you tell me why an automobile courtesy light that fades slowly makes you feel good?’
- ‘The Deluxe version includes a motion detector with audio alarm, interior courtesy light, a power connection for external power, an audio low-battery warning and triple access codes.’
- ‘For example, if you open and close the boot before leaving the car, it might be that the courtesy light is sticking on.’
- ‘The door was unlocked and the courtesy light revealed a passenger, waiting for him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.