One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All visitors were treated courteously by the polite volunteers, and tea and meals were served to one and all.’
- ‘The sole woman inside washing hands at the sink politely and courteously showed me out.’
- ‘He courteously includes any stray whim that floats through his mind, however original or trite, and lets it dart away without probing further.’
- ‘He added: ‘We were received courteously and considerately and they listened carefully to what we had to say.’’
- ‘Usually, there are well-informed salespersons at the venue, to courteously help you make the right choice, and who even suggest suitable styles.’
- ‘Remember always that your obligation is to encourage students to behave civilly and courteously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.