One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He courteously includes any stray whim that floats through his mind, however original or trite, and lets it dart away without probing further.’
- ‘Remember always that your obligation is to encourage students to behave civilly and courteously.’
- ‘All visitors were treated courteously by the polite volunteers, and tea and meals were served to one and all.’
- ‘He added: ‘We were received courteously and considerately and they listened carefully to what we had to say.’’
- ‘Usually, there are well-informed salespersons at the venue, to courteously help you make the right choice, and who even suggest suitable styles.’
- ‘The sole woman inside washing hands at the sink politely and courteously showed me out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.