One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dispute between two parties that is decided in a court of law.‘the victims read news reports of the pending court case’
- ‘In the resulting court case, he pleads with the jury to set him free.’
- ‘Recent court cases continue to address the issue of liability for violations of environmental laws.’
- ‘Following a series of other court cases Congress passed the 1937 Federal Milk Marketing Act.’
- ‘The procedures are there based on a long history of court cases, so it's very important that architects not try to cut corners.’
- ‘As the court case progresses, more secrets become revealed.’
- ‘Perhaps the intention was to affect the outcome of the court case.’
- ‘There was a court case coming up and he was very concerned about that.’
- ‘Our cost of production has already skyrocketed because of these regulations, and we know we're only one court case away from being completely out of business.’
- ‘Charges were dropped on the eve of the court case.’
- ‘The court case threatens to cast doubt on everything she thought she knew about her husband.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.