One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stock made from wine and vegetables, typically used in fish dishes.‘sea bream in court bouillon’
- ‘Allow squid to cool completely in court bouillon.’
- ‘Bring court bouillon to a boil over high heat.’
- ‘Strain the court bouillon into the pan with the softened flavourings.’
- ‘Cover with warm court bouillon and place over medium heat.’
- ‘Blanch the lobsters in court bouillon and remove the meat from the tails and claws and reserve.’
French, from court ‘short’ and bouillon.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.