One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stock made from wine and vegetables, typically used in fish dishes.
- ‘Blanch the lobsters in court bouillon and remove the meat from the tails and claws and reserve.’
- ‘Cover with warm court bouillon and place over medium heat.’
- ‘Strain the court bouillon into the pan with the softened flavourings.’
- ‘Allow squid to cool completely in court bouillon.’
- ‘Bring court bouillon to a boil over high heat.’
French, from court ‘short’ and bouillon.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.