One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stock made from wine and vegetables, typically used in fish dishes.
- ‘Blanch the lobsters in court bouillon and remove the meat from the tails and claws and reserve.’
- ‘Bring court bouillon to a boil over high heat.’
- ‘Allow squid to cool completely in court bouillon.’
- ‘Cover with warm court bouillon and place over medium heat.’
- ‘Strain the court bouillon into the pan with the softened flavourings.’
French, from court ‘short’ and bouillon.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.