One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Couple of.‘I won't be online much for the next coupla days’‘the burger is $9 (a coupla dollars more than the regular grass-fed fare)’
- ‘Can I crash for a coupla hours?’
- ‘The fixtures weren't fair to us a coupla months ago, hence our inability to drop our best players.’
- ‘I've played there a coupla times, but don't know it intimately.’
- ‘I say he'll be out of baseball in a coupla years.’
- ‘Roll them into a bun smeared with mayo, brown mustard, chopped onions and a coupla okra pickles.’
- ‘Time for those boys to go grab a few burgers and grow a coupla inches and pack on a few pounds!’
- ‘Maybe the Giants should get a coupla top prospects.’
- ‘It's been a whole coupla seasons since I've played a show in my hometown.’
- ‘I'd had a coupla drinks and the law got me.’
- ‘Now anyone with a coupla grand and enough ambition can produce useless plastic junk that will end up in a landfill.’
- ‘I have been a member of a coupla romance websites for a while, and have been on the receiving end of several offers of the Big Love.’
Early 20th century: alteration.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.