One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A simple form of blues in which the singer is accompanied by an acoustic guitar.
- ‘Now a master blues guitarist, he learned his craft by listening to the great country blues players.’
- ‘I bought issues #10 and #11, the most recent, in hopes of learning more about lost and uncomped country blues artists.’
- ‘His extensive repertoire encompasses a variety of styles, including country blues, ragtime, bluegrass and jazz.’
- ‘They play a melting pot of styles from country blues to folk, as well as some stunning new original compositions that are impossible to pigeonhole.’
- ‘If you are into old-time country and blues, and country blues, it should be a satisfying record.’
- ‘Most of the crackles and other irritations that are a staple of country blues recordings have been excised, and all of the fidelity remains intact.’
- ‘While he's impeccably assured and well-versed in real old-time country blues, his approach to song structure is equally impressionistic.’
- ‘Last but not least, fans of acoustic country blues should mark their calendars for January 21.’
- ‘Almost immediately, urban musicians began to duplicate these performances, usually within the acoustic country blues idiom.’
- ‘They appreciate our country blues and techno.’
- ‘Ya know, and it is the type of blues, like the hill country blues is the only modern country blues left as far as I know.’
- ‘Is his music jazz, blues, country blues, or folksy jazz?’
- ‘One of the greatest living bluesmen picks up the acoustic this time and delves into the deep country blues.’
- ‘Check out their unique collection of brazen ballads, raw country blues and saucy serenades this Saturday from 7 pm.’
- ‘This is straight up, bar band, country blues rock - the perfect accessory to large jugs of draft.’
- ‘The archetypal ‘downhome’ or country blues is an improvised solo song, with the singer accompanying himself on guitar or banjo.’
- ‘So laid-back they have to sit down, their stoner country blues isn't normally the kind of thing I'd touch with a long stick but actually it's quite enjoyable.’
- ‘‘The country blues singers were already stamped as men of sin,’ he wrote.’
country blues/ˈkəntrē blo͞oz/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.