One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The emotional reaction of the analyst to the subject's contribution.Compare with transference
- ‘In spite of his recognition of transference and counter-transference, Freud continued to maintain that he was a scientist until his death.’
- ‘Issues of counter-transference may arise, triggering poorly understood but powerful feelings.’
- ‘Rennie prefers ‘working alliance’ to ‘therapeutic alliance’ because the latter has been used where the focus is on transference and counter-transference.’
- ‘It is equally important to explore your own counter-transference in these situations.’
- ‘The main transference and counter-transference, however, was directed back to the couple and their interaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.