International trade by exchange of goods rather than by currency purchase.
- ‘I was told by the President to look into the possibility of countertrade and I talked with the TNI chief and Air Force chief of staff.’
- ‘Trade-related services involve not only letters of credit but handing trade documentation, on demand guarantees and countertrade.’
- ‘Thus, he said, the only feasible way to learn about the market conditions in Russia and its companies was through government-initiated countertrade deals like the one involving the Russian aircraft and several Indonesian commodities.’
- ‘The combat aircraft were bought through a countertrade deal for Indonesian products and commodities.’
- ‘The purchase contracts provide for countertrade deals and spin-offs with South African companies.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.