One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
International trade by exchange of goods rather than by currency purchase.
- ‘The purchase contracts provide for countertrade deals and spin-offs with South African companies.’
- ‘Thus, he said, the only feasible way to learn about the market conditions in Russia and its companies was through government-initiated countertrade deals like the one involving the Russian aircraft and several Indonesian commodities.’
- ‘I was told by the President to look into the possibility of countertrade and I talked with the TNI chief and Air Force chief of staff.’
- ‘The combat aircraft were bought through a countertrade deal for Indonesian products and commodities.’
- ‘Trade-related services involve not only letters of credit but handing trade documentation, on demand guarantees and countertrade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.