One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Political or military activities designed to prevent or thwart terrorism.
- ‘I asked for a series of briefings on the issues in my portfolio, including counterterrorism and cybersecurity.’
- ‘The Army has been assigned as executive agent for domestic counterterrorism and would seem the logical choice.’
- ‘In one area still there needs to be quick improvement, and that's on terrorism or counterterrorism.’
- ‘The main feature is a new national intelligence czar, to whom, it is imagined, the many federal agencies engaged in intel and counterterrorism will report.’
- ‘We have joint task forces that deal with counterterrorism as well as counterterror financing.’
- ‘It was the largest counterterrorism exercise in the nation's history.’
- ‘They have cooperated with the U.S. on counterterrorism initiatives in Central Asia and elsewhere.’
- ‘Funding for elite counterterrorism units has also been ramped up.’
- ‘Integrating our counterterrorism and regional strategies was the most difficult and the most important aspect of the new strategy to get right.’
- ‘The most important phase of any counterinsurgency or counterterrorism campaign is recognizing that the threat exists.’
- ‘Still, counterterrorism specialists and Middle East foreign area officers should read this book.’
- ‘Others, however, will not be able to ignore the relevance of this story to current counterterrorism operations.’
- ‘Each is directly involved in national security or counterterrorism and is regularly briefed on terrorism developments.’
- ‘Now, FBI agents' time is a much scarcer commodity because so many agents focus on counterterrorism.’
- ‘International support of a multidimensional counterterrorism strategy is necessary to defeat it.’
- ‘Would he be reporting directly to the head of the national counterterrorism unit?’
- ‘Even their analysis capability was geared toward making criminal cases not for counterterrorism purposes.’
- ‘You've spent a career studying counterterrorism and looking for these potential terrorists out there.’
- ‘His current research is about the role of intelligence in multinational counterterrorism activities.’
- ‘But Europe's counterterrorism problem is large and changes are needed if it's to be tackled better.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.