One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Political or military activities designed to prevent or thwart terrorism.
- ‘In one area still there needs to be quick improvement, and that's on terrorism or counterterrorism.’
- ‘Each is directly involved in national security or counterterrorism and is regularly briefed on terrorism developments.’
- ‘You've spent a career studying counterterrorism and looking for these potential terrorists out there.’
- ‘We have joint task forces that deal with counterterrorism as well as counterterror financing.’
- ‘The Army has been assigned as executive agent for domestic counterterrorism and would seem the logical choice.’
- ‘International support of a multidimensional counterterrorism strategy is necessary to defeat it.’
- ‘Even their analysis capability was geared toward making criminal cases not for counterterrorism purposes.’
- ‘Now, FBI agents' time is a much scarcer commodity because so many agents focus on counterterrorism.’
- ‘They have cooperated with the U.S. on counterterrorism initiatives in Central Asia and elsewhere.’
- ‘The most important phase of any counterinsurgency or counterterrorism campaign is recognizing that the threat exists.’
- ‘His current research is about the role of intelligence in multinational counterterrorism activities.’
- ‘I asked for a series of briefings on the issues in my portfolio, including counterterrorism and cybersecurity.’
- ‘Still, counterterrorism specialists and Middle East foreign area officers should read this book.’
- ‘Integrating our counterterrorism and regional strategies was the most difficult and the most important aspect of the new strategy to get right.’
- ‘Funding for elite counterterrorism units has also been ramped up.’
- ‘But Europe's counterterrorism problem is large and changes are needed if it's to be tackled better.’
- ‘The main feature is a new national intelligence czar, to whom, it is imagined, the many federal agencies engaged in intel and counterterrorism will report.’
- ‘Would he be reporting directly to the head of the national counterterrorism unit?’
- ‘It was the largest counterterrorism exercise in the nation's history.’
- ‘Others, however, will not be able to ignore the relevance of this story to current counterterrorism operations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.