Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Rotate in opposite directions, especially about the same axis.
- ‘Since cone and plate are counterrotating, a fluid layer exists within the chamber that does not rotate even during flow.’
- ‘It has counterrotating agitators that allow for curd movement at lower agitator speeds.’
- ‘For oscillating pectoral fins, a recurring pattern within planar flow fields is the production of paired counterrotating vortices with a central high-velocity fluid jet.’
- ‘Low-speed turning by sunfish involves the generation of paired counterrotating vortices by the strong-side pectoral fin.’
- ‘In addition, the counterrotating tracks allow an excavator to turn completely around within its own length for easy maneuvering in tight spaces.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.