One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Light, soft cotton fibers formed into layers, used especially for filling quilts, cushions, etc.
- ‘Beds and chairs on sleeping porches are made from sustainable teak and organic cotton batting and fabric.’
- ‘The back mounting board was wrapped with the same fabric, although I added cotton batting underneath.’
- ‘The sculptures and installations involved fabric, Styrofoam, cotton batting, glitter and cardboard - the sorts of materials available at craft shops.’
- ‘Traps were baited each evening 1-2 hours before dark with apple slices and peanut butter, insulated with cotton batting, and encased in cardboard and plastic to protect trapped animals from exposure to weather.’
- ‘Pieces of cotton batting were placed in all traps to keep animals from freezing.’
- ‘I thought about using cotton batting for the snow, but I decided it would present too many manipulation problems for kindergartners.’
- ‘Sixteen years old, he wears a nylon jacket with round cigarette burns in the shell, dirty cotton batting seeping out.’
- ‘Choose brushed denim or other durable fabric with several layers of another cotton fabric and cotton batting for padding.’
- ‘Shrink cotton batting before use by soaking it in the washing machine filled with warm water.’
- ‘It was shot through cotton batting that strongly suggests snow.’
cotton batting/ˈkätn badiNG/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.