Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Soft, lumpy white cheese made from the curds of slightly soured milk.
- ‘The cooked soymilk is formed into bean curd, much like making cottage cheese from milk.’
- ‘Include cottage cheese, yogurt and even low-fat cheeses as protein sources in your diet.’
- ‘If you choose to remove meat from your diet, then you need to rely on other protein sources such as eggs, cottage cheese or soy.’
- ‘While he was gone, Grandma came over to bring Mother some butter and cottage cheese.’
- ‘There are also low fat alternatives to dairy products such as low fat cream cheese, ricotta, cottage cheese, cheddars and yoghurts.’
- ‘He set before me eggs and toast, tea, and a small cup of peaches with cottage cheese.’
- ‘The dough will be alarmingly wet, resembling large-curd cottage cheese.’
- ‘Blend spinach and ricotta or cottage cheese in a blender or work together through a sieve.’
- ‘It has cottage cheese qualities, but no cottage cheese is actually used in this spread.’
- ‘However, hard cheeses are not affected and no health warning was ever issued about cottage cheese, cream cheese or fromage fraîs.’
- ‘Top with jam, peanut butter, almond butter, low fat cottage cheese, light cream cheese or lox.’
- ‘The protein from cottage cheese hits the blood by workout time, sparing muscle breakdown.’
- ‘A soft cheese or cottage cheese won't last as long as a hard cheese such as Cheddar.’
- ‘Mix cottage cheese with fruit in the morning, drink milk with one or more of your meals, and have a yogurt as a midday snack.’
- ‘If this is unavailable to you, my best substitution guess would be half thick yogurt and half cottage cheese.’
- ‘These days you can buy lactose-reduced versions of ice cream, cottage cheese, and yogurt.’
- ‘Instead, they eat more egg whites, cottage cheese, soy shakes and protein-based foods.’
- ‘I upped the protein with cottage cheese and boosted the fiber with whole-wheat bread.’
- ‘In the dining room, a bowl of yogurt and cottage cheese was waiting for me.’
- ‘Dairy products like yogurt and cottage cheese, soy products and peanut butter are all good sources of protein.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.