One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Soft, lumpy white cheese made from the curds of slightly soured milk.
- ‘It has cottage cheese qualities, but no cottage cheese is actually used in this spread.’
- ‘He set before me eggs and toast, tea, and a small cup of peaches with cottage cheese.’
- ‘Top with jam, peanut butter, almond butter, low fat cottage cheese, light cream cheese or lox.’
- ‘Dairy products like yogurt and cottage cheese, soy products and peanut butter are all good sources of protein.’
- ‘Mix cottage cheese with fruit in the morning, drink milk with one or more of your meals, and have a yogurt as a midday snack.’
- ‘However, hard cheeses are not affected and no health warning was ever issued about cottage cheese, cream cheese or fromage fraîs.’
- ‘I upped the protein with cottage cheese and boosted the fiber with whole-wheat bread.’
- ‘Instead, they eat more egg whites, cottage cheese, soy shakes and protein-based foods.’
- ‘Include cottage cheese, yogurt and even low-fat cheeses as protein sources in your diet.’
- ‘These days you can buy lactose-reduced versions of ice cream, cottage cheese, and yogurt.’
- ‘The cooked soymilk is formed into bean curd, much like making cottage cheese from milk.’
- ‘While he was gone, Grandma came over to bring Mother some butter and cottage cheese.’
- ‘If this is unavailable to you, my best substitution guess would be half thick yogurt and half cottage cheese.’
- ‘A soft cheese or cottage cheese won't last as long as a hard cheese such as Cheddar.’
- ‘The protein from cottage cheese hits the blood by workout time, sparing muscle breakdown.’
- ‘The dough will be alarmingly wet, resembling large-curd cottage cheese.’
- ‘Blend spinach and ricotta or cottage cheese in a blender or work together through a sieve.’
- ‘In the dining room, a bowl of yogurt and cottage cheese was waiting for me.’
- ‘There are also low fat alternatives to dairy products such as low fat cream cheese, ricotta, cottage cheese, cheddars and yoghurts.’
- ‘If you choose to remove meat from your diet, then you need to rely on other protein sources such as eggs, cottage cheese or soy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.