One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- former term for consumer price index
- ‘Billions of dollars are at stake, and large political constituencies influence and are influenced by choices of indices such as a cost-of-living index.’
- ‘The formula is driven by monthly data from the cost-of-living index.’
- ‘The cost-of-living index hit a record 623% in January this year, but has since fallen 371%.’
- ‘Therefore, Table 2 contains additional versions employing a state cost-of-living index.’
- ‘The first is its challenge to the view that a cost-of-living index should be the concept underlying the Consumer Price Index.’
cost-of-living index/ˌkästəvˈliviNG inˌdeks/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.