Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- former term for consumer price index
- ‘Billions of dollars are at stake, and large political constituencies influence and are influenced by choices of indices such as a cost-of-living index.’
- ‘The first is its challenge to the view that a cost-of-living index should be the concept underlying the Consumer Price Index.’
- ‘Therefore, Table 2 contains additional versions employing a state cost-of-living index.’
- ‘The formula is driven by monthly data from the cost-of-living index.’
- ‘The cost-of-living index hit a record 623% in January this year, but has since fallen 371%.’
cost-of-living index/ˌkästəvˈliviNG inˌdeks/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.