Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Effective or productive in relation to its cost.‘the most cost-effective way to invest in the stock market’
profitable, profit-making, gainful, remunerative, moneymaking, paying, high-income, well paid, high-paying, bankable, cost-effectiveView synonyms
- ‘This is a cost benefit that also allows us to really launch new products in a very cost-effective way.’
- ‘How would they reach their target market in the most cost-effective way possible?’
- ‘This means thinking on your feet and finding the most cost-effective marketing medium for your product or service.’
- ‘They save the companies a fair chunk of money and offer small shareholders a cost-effective way of getting rid of their shares.’
- ‘This product is of serious interest to students, as it is the most cost-effective.’
- ‘Our goal is to procure the best products and services in a cost-effective and timely manner.’
- ‘They help deal with fluctuations and make the company more cost-effective.’
- ‘This is perhaps the wisest and most cost-effective option in the long run, say sources.’
- ‘One of the most efficient and cost-effective approaches to the late payment problem is invoice finance.’
- ‘They were seen as a cost-effective way of redressing the perceived lack of seed capital for such enterprises.’
- ‘In many cases, it is more cost-effective to invest your money in a bigger and better-equipped house.’
- ‘She said all health services should be provided in a cost-effective manner.’
- ‘He said the initiative was a cost-effective way to reduce retail crime and the loss of hundreds of thousands of pounds every year.’
- ‘If the third and fourth blocks are closed than the production of electricity will not be cost-effective any more.’
- ‘With the Internet, it is possible to collect much more data in a much more cost-effective way.’
- ‘Customised training has taken centre stage as the most cost-effective option.’
- ‘Countries with high labour costs realize that it is simply not cost-effective to manufacture textiles locally.’
- ‘Cereal growers are dependent on farm machinery for cost-effective production.’
- ‘However this issue can be turned into a cost-effective advantage without too much fuss.’
- ‘With pricing based on a range of optional functionality, it is also cost-effective.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.