One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An arbitrary constant in the field equations of general relativity.
- ‘Why is the cosmological constant, which characterizes the energy density of the vacuum, so small?’
- ‘Quintessence is dynamic, unlike the cosmological constant, and its average energy density and pressure slowly decay with time.’
- ‘On the plus side, the vanishing vacuum energy that is implied by supersymmetry ensures that the cosmological constant vanishes.’
- ‘Einstein introduced the cosmological constant to his equations of general relativity because he believed the universe was static.’
- ‘We are making fast progress on understanding the implications of the existence of a cosmological constant for quantum gravity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.